Following a year’s work by a preliminary action committee, the Society’s first regular committee was elected at the annual general meeting of the ISASR (held on May 26th 2012 in UCC). One member withdrew and their place was filled at the second AGM (2013 in UCD), while a second withdrawal was filled at the third AGM (2014 in QUB).
A full round of elections was held at the fourth AGM (2015 in TCD), while a number of places were filled at the fifth AGM (2016 in UCC).
The current members of the committee are as follows:
- President: James Kapalo, UCC Study of Religions
- Secretary: Jenny Butler, UCC Study of Religions
- Treasurer: Brendan McNamara, UCC Study of Religions
- Publications officer: Chris Heinhold, University of Chester Centre for Islamic Studies
- Website officer: Laurence Cox, NUI Maynooth Sociology
- Alexandra Grieser, TCD Religions and Theology
- Brad Anderson, DCU Mater Dei Institute